This project requires you to name and explain each Beatitude and find an example of the Beatitudes in our world today.
The Beatitudes are examples for us of how we are called by God to live – “the goal of human existence” as described in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (#1719). In our modern world, just like in the time of Jesus, the Beatitudes don’t always match up with what is popular or easy to do. This project asks you to think about how the Beatitudes can be lived today.
You will be creating:
1) A poster of your favorite Beatitude (white paper will be provided):
• Label the Beatitude on your poster (see Matthew 5: 1-12 for a list of the Beatitudes).
• Beside your Beatitude, include an example of how this Beatitude could be lived in today’s world. You can do this in a variety of ways: draw a picture, include a photograph, write a poem, or write lyrics from a section of a song. (For other ideas, check with Ms. Schaefer first).
• If you use a picture or words that are not yours, make sure you write the author/artist and the name of the work (if available) on the back of your poster or on a separate sheet of paper.
- Examples clearly illustrate how this Beatitude can be lived today using thoughtfully chosen examples and explanations
- Ideas are clear and easy to read. The arrangement of text and images is purposeful and appropriate. Poster has been completed with care, and is generally free of errors.