- Social Studies
On December 13, 2019, there will be an exam evaluating Social Studies and Reading skills.
Be ready to answer questions that address the following ideas:
- Aboriginal lifestyle, identity, culture and world views in pre-contact Canada.
- The colonizing of Canada by Europeans and the consequences this had for Aboriginal groups.
- How the conflict between France and Britain shaped their colonies in North America.
- Make reasoned ethical judgments on actions in the past by prominent historical figures.
- Locate Canada's provinces and territories and their capitals, and recognize Canada's physiographic regions.
Be prepared to read some new texts and respond to them.
During the January exam period, students will be given a writing prompt and develop a personal response to showcase their written skills. Please also review grammar/mini-lessons from this term.