This project is in two parts:
1. Research Booklet
Students have been given a research booklet where they are to gather information from appropriate sources. It will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Student has used an adequate number of appropriate print and digital resources. Sources are cited properly.
- Student has composed most notes in point form usually in her/his own words, addressed her/his inquiry questions.
2. Mind Map
Students will construct a mind map showing their understanding of what makes their three chosen events significant and what some of the consequences of this event were. It will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Information is organized, addressing key ideas or inquiry questions. Flow of ideas is logical and easy to follow.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the significant events of this era.
- Information is relevant and thoughtfully chosen. Explanation of key points is offered.
- Makes connections between factors influencing periods of progress and decline. Identifies key turning points that mark periods of change. Is able to show how events are interconnected.
- Put the events you have chosen close to the centre of your page.
- Indicate at least three things that make this event significant using a colour or format that will clearly link them to this event.
- Show at least two consequences of this event.
- Be sure to colour code everything so that your consequences are easy to differentiate from the reasons for significance.
- Show how at least two of the causes or consequences events are connected.
- Include at least three images or symbols that compliment your topic.
- Good copies must be in marker or pen and use some colour.